Hawthorn for all year round interest
Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) is possibly one of our oldest hedging plants. Medieval people knew and respected it and all sorts of folklore is based upon it. Have you ever heard the term "never shed a clout til may is out"? It's not referring to the month of May rather to the prolific white flowers of the hawthorn (may) bush. A hawthorn hedge fulfils many roles.
- It's prickly - so rather good at deterring intruders
- Dense stems and foliage provide excellent privacy - even in winter time
- New leaves, buds and flowers are edible
- Supports around 300 species of insects
- Spring flowers are scented and plentiful
- Brilliantly coloured autumn berries provide food for overwintering birds
- Haws (or berries) can be used to make a tart jelly which goes well with cold meats. Use hawthorn berries to make wine
Very hardy and easy to grow it's little wonder that hawthorn has featured in Britains hedges for centuries. Ideal for rural gardens field boundaries wildlife gardens and more.
Limited Stock - first come first served
Because hawthorn is such a popular hedging plant we have limited stocks of this particular instant hedging. Contact us today
to reserve the hedging for your project.
You may also like
Mixed native hedging.
6 species of UK native hedging plants included in this pre-grown hedge. Perfect for spring flowers autumn berries wildlife interest and textural qualities.
Contractors must ensure that products are fit for purpose - if in doubt, please get in touch
Please note delivery prices are as accurate as possible at time of ordering, however this cost may be subject to change at any time due to weight/volume, fuel surcharges and location.
The administration team will contact you should any issue arise concerning delivery charges. Contact Arbour Landscape Solutions for more information.
No reviews were found.