This knot free clear grade Southern Yellow Pine is from fully managed and sustained forests in the USA. The timber is kiln dried and pressure treated to ensure longevity. Southern Yellow Pine is the strongest and hardest pine in the world. It has a warm natural tone that can be left to gradually bleach to a soft silver stain according to taste or leaned back to a bright milled finish. The pronounced grain and smooth profile of the timber provides for a safe slip resistant surface that works well with a variety of materials to give a traditional or more contemporary look. Southern Yellow Pine Timber is a delight to work with and gives a great finish to any landscaping project. Suitable for interior and exterior projects. It's especially effective when used to create bespoke fencing, garden structures, decking, staircases and even furniture. If you are looking for "something different" it's well worth considering this type of wood. Not only is the colour exquisite and the grain distinctive, it's a joy to work with. Southern Yellow Timber copes exceptionally well with nails and screws because it is resistant to splitting. It can also take adhesives stains and polish.
Mechanical properties of Southern Yellow Pine
Because it is a very strong timber Southern Yellow Pine responds well to steam bending which means that you can be as creative as you want to be. This particular species of pine grows to around 30 metres high with a trunk diameter of approximately 750mm. Plenty of scope then for wide decking boards or fencing rails if thats what you want to do. Arbour Landscape Solutions supply sustainably sourced Southern Yellow Pine to landscaping projects throughout the UK and beyond. Cut and milled to your specifications this durable timber is quality controlled by our Director Richard Bickler before leaving our yard...although he rarely finds any faults with it. Its something he always tries to incorporate into his own garden designs because its just so durable and so versatile.
Good to know
- Stress graded C24 making it stronger than Baltic pine
- Timber is treated with MCA (Copper based preservative) to UC4 (ground contact) and is kiln dried to 18% moisture content
- 20 Year rot and decay warranty
- Sourced from managed plantations and is environmentally sound when compared to western red cedar and tropical hardwoods
- Colour may darken over time depending on UV Levels
- Can be charred or will take a coloured oil
- Easy to clean with Owatrol prep deck
- Naturally slip resistant but sheds water quickly to discourage algal growth
- As will all natural products it may shrink or swell a little with moisture content but as long as it is properly installed this is not an issue
To request Southern Yellow Pine & Delivery costs Get in touch here:- [email protected]
- S4S Clear Grade Edged Decking: 25mm thick, 90mm wide, 140mm wide and either 3660mm, 4280mm or 4890mm long
- Aggetized deck boards: 25 x 140 x 3660mm
- S4S Dense select structural grade: 40mm thick, 90 or 140 wide, 4890mm long
- S4S /#1 Construction Grade - various sizes
- Clear Grade: Various sizes
- 105 Pattern Shiplap Cladding: 140mm x 20mm x 4280mm
- Microline Pattern Cladding: 140mm x 20mm x 4280mm
Small standard & full size samples available on request, please contact [email protected] for more information. (Full size samples will incur a delivery cost)
Contractors must ensure that products are fit for purpose - if in doubt, please get in touch
Please note delivery prices are as accurate as possible at time of ordering, however this cost may be subject to change at any time due to weight/volume, fuel surcharges and location.
The administration team will contact you should any issue arise concerning delivery charges. Contact Arbour Landscape Solutions for more information.
No reviews were found.