Heritage Mix Wildflower Turf
With 90% native wildflowers and just 5% grass in the seedmix, Heritage Mix Wildflower Turf creates a self-sufficient wildlife-friendly landscaping feature that requires very little annual maintenance.
Ideal for nutrient-poor soils, this product was originally developed to increase biodiversity in ecologically challenged areas such as on living roofs. However, it has also proved its worth as a landscaping material too.
Like most of the wildflower turf types available to order online from Arbour Landscape Solutions, Heritage Mix is easy to install and will establish quickly provided it is kept well watered.
Where to Grow Heritage Mix Wildflower Turf – Soil Type and Aspect
Full sun in well-drained, nutrient-poor soil.
For green roof applications: Please install onto at least 150mm depth of green roof substrate.
Please note: Whilst standard garden topsoil will support Heritage Mix Wildflower Turf the higher nutrient levels will tend to promote extra-strong growth in the grasses. To keep the species balance mainly floral, we recommend installing onto subsoil or Low Fertility Soil. Need help sourcing the right growing medium? Get in touch for prices and availability
What’s In Heritage Mix Wildflower Turf ?
Please note, percentages refer to the weight of the seed in the growing mix and do not necessarily reflect the proportions of mature plants.
10% Slender Creeping Red Fescue Grass
- Birdsfoot trefoil
- Bladder campion
- Clustered Bellflower
- Common poppy
- Fox and cubs
- Lady’s bedstraw
- Maiden pink
- Meadow saxifrage
- Ragged robin
- Sea campion
- Sheep’s bit
- Viper’s bugloss
- Water avens
- Wild thyme
- Yellow Rattle
Cut off times for ordering as follows:- Delivery Day
- Flowering Time: March – October (depending on local weather conditions).
- Your Heritage Mix Wild Flower Turf will be mown before harvest so that plants are not damaged during transportation. The flowering plants will not be blooming when it is delivered
- Depending on the time of year it can take a few weeks for plants to establish, grow and start blooming. If you would like it to flower in its first summer we recommend installing Heritage Mix Wild Flower Turf before the end of March.
- If installing on a roof you may need mechanical lifting gear to as rolls can be quite heavy.
- For rooftop applications, please install your Heritage Mix Wild Flower Turf on to a good green roof substrate at least 150mm deep.
- Each of the species will respond differently to soil type, local weather conditions and care regimes. In fact the balance of species changes from year to year which means that your wildflower area will continue to fascinate you more with every season.
3pm Friday Tuesday
3pm Monday Wednesday
3pm Tuesday Thursday
3pm Wednesday Friday
3pm Thursday Tuesday (will revert back to Monday after C19) Get in touch if delivery is urgent.
**Deliveries not available the day after any Bank Holiday, recommence 2 days after the holiday.
Contractors must ensure that products are fit for purpose - if in doubt, please get in touch
- Deliveries are normally made on an artic lorry with tail lift offload and manoeuvred with pump trucks.
- Please help us to improve service by letting us know if you have a forklift on site and are able to unload the vehicle.
- Deliveries are sold as kerbside only and customers must ensure that there is sufficient access and available hard standing to offload the consignment as deliveries cannot be made onto uneven surfaces such as gravel or grass.
- Customer will be responsible for delivery surcharges if delivery fails due to insufficient access or offload conditions.
- 7.5t and FORS compliant vehicles - price and availability on request.
- If you have a query or need to make special arrangements please call us on 0208 953 6177
Please note delivery prices are as accurate as possible at time of ordering, however this cost may be subject to change at any time due to weight/volume, fuel surcharges, currency changes and location.
Please let us know about any access restrictions at the delivery/check-out stage as failure to provide information may delay your order or incur extra delivery costs.
The administration team will contact you should any issue arise concerning delivery charges. Contact Arbour Landscape Solutions for more information. Enquir[email protected]
All materials are subject to availability at the time of order. The administration team will be in touch to arrange/advise of your delivery date.
No reviews were found.