Corten steel is definitely in vogue. Arbour Landscape Solutions are proud to offer one of the most comprehensive ranges of Corten steel planters available.
The Andres square & rectangular planters are made from 2mm thick Corten Steel. The material is an alloy of iron with copper, silicon, nickel and chromium. When exposed to the elements the metal forms a protective layer of iron oxide which slows down corrosion. Not only do these planters have a wonderful warm colour with autumnal tones - they are extremely durable.
Its also possible to speed up the rust process;
- Add warm water into an watering can, add salt to the water, pour this over the Corten items.
- You can repeat this daily (or more times per day once the items are dry again). Almost immediately you will see the items are starting to rust.
Available in an incredible 60 different sizes.
Or why not get in touch with us about our bespoke service, we can arrange supply of 3-4 and 5mm thickness Corten Steel sized to meet your exact specifications.
Check out the complete range on-line, with and without feet.
Includes Free Weekday, Anytime, Kerb-side Delivery, subject to the availability at the time of ordering.
Sizes: L X W X H
- CAP3.1 1400mm x 1400mm x 800mm
- CAP4.1 1200mm x 1200mm x 800mm
- CAP4.2 1200mm x 1200mm x 600mm
- CAP5.1 1000mm x 1000mm x 800mm
- CAP5.2 1000mm x 1000mm x 600mm
- CAP6.1 800mm x 800mm x 800mm
- CAP7 700mm x 700mm x 700mm
- CAP8 600mm x 600mm x 600mm
- CAP22 2000mm x 500mm x 600mm
- CAP22.1 1500mm x 500mm x 600mm
- CAP22.2 1200mm x 500mm x 600mm
- CAP24.2 1200mm x 400mm x 800mm
- CAP24.3 1000mm x 400mm x 800mm
- CA1 2000mm x 2000mm x 800m
- CA1.1 2000mmx 2000mm x 600mm
- CA1.2 2000mm x 2000mm x 400mm
- CA3 1400mm x 1400mm x 800mm
- CA3.1 1400mm x 1400 x 600mm
- CA3.2 1400mm x 1400mm x 400mm
- CA4.1 1200mm x 1200mm x 800mm
- CA4.2 1200mm x 1200mm x 600mm
- CA4.3 1200mm x 1200mm x 400mm
- CA5 1000mm x 1000mm x 1000mm
- CA5.1 1000mm x 1000mm x 800mm
- CA5.2 1000mm x 1000m x 600mm
- CA5.3 1000mm x 1000mm x 400mm
- CA6.1 800mm x 800mm x 800mm
- CA6.2 800mm x 800mm x 600mm
- CA6.3 800mm x 800mm x 400mm
- CA7 700mm x 700mm x 700mm
- CA8 600mm x 600mm x 600mm
- CA9 500mm x 500mm x 500mm
- CA9.1 500mm x 500mm x 800mm
- CA10 400mm x 400mm x 400mm
- CA10.1 400mm x 400m x 600mm
- CA10.2 400mm x 400mm x 800mm
- CA10.3 400mm x 400mm x 1000mm
- CA20.1 2000mm x 1000mm x 600mm
- CA20.2 2000mm x 1000mm x 450mm
- CA22 2000mm x 500mm x 600mm
- CA22.1 1500mm x 500mm x 600mm
- CA22.2 1200mm x 500mm x 600mm
- CA22.3 900mm x x500mm x 600mm
- CA23 2000mm x 500mm x x500mm
- CA23.1 1500mm x 500mm x 500mm
- CA23.2 1200mm x 500mm x 500mm
- CA23.3 1000mm x 500mm x 500mm
- CA24 2000mm x 400mm x 800mm
- CA24.1 1500mm x 400mm x 800mm
- CA24.2 1200mm x 400mm x 800mm
- CA24.3 1000mm x 400mm x 800mm
- CA24.4 800mm x 400mm x 800mm
- CA25 2000mm x 400mm x 400mm
- CA25.1 1500mm x 400mm x 400mm
- CA25.2 1200mm x 400mm x 400mm
- CA25.3 1000mm x 400mm x 400mm
- CA25.4 800mm x 400mm x 400mm
- CA26.2 900mm x 300mm x 800mm
Product information: Corten Steel planters
The standard material thickness of our Corten Steel planters is 2mm, although they can also be produced in 3-4 and 5mm. Corten Steel, also known as weather resistant steel, is a steel alloy made of iron which has copper, silicon, nickel and chromium added. As soon as Corten Steel is exposed to the elements it will naturally weather and develop a protective layer of rust, this can take several months. This natural fixed coating of rust provides protection against further corrosion. Characteristic of Corten Steel is the orange brown rust colour and its longevity. See images
Contractors must ensure that products are fit for purpose - if in doubt, please get in touch
- Very strong and wear-resistant.
- Weatherproof and durable material.
- Warm and natural appearance.
- As standard equipped with 15mm high feet and drainage holes. 'With Feet' options have 90mm feet.
- Customisation possible; optional rubber coating on the inside.
- We only use Corten Steel category A type S355JOWP.
- We recommend ‘Owatrol’ varnish which will stop the planter from rusting any further.
- 5 year warranty
- The products are delivered un-rusted.
- Ensure an adequate drainage (holes in the bottom as standard), no excess water should remain in the planter, the combination of oxygen and earth will rust the planter further.
- Do not use hydro grains as they hold water.
- The products must be unpacked immediately after delivery so any moisture between the packaging and the product is not sealed. This will result in irregular rust and stains.
- Provide the bottom with a layer of Ø35 mm shingle all available here
- Do not use an overflow pipe (no water may remain in the planter)
- Place anti-root cloth over the layer of shingle.
- Top up with earth suitable for chosen type of planting.