ALS Atalya Corten planters are sure to enhance any outdoor space.
Made from 2mm Corten steel which on exposure to the elements will begin to oxidise taking on brown, orange and rust colours. This layer seals the planter ensuring its longevity.
The planter will be delivered in the un-rusted state and will weather over a period of 4-5 months. It is delivered with drainage holes already present.
Its also possible to speed up the rust process;
- Add warm water into an watering can, add salt to the water, pour this over the Corten items.
- You can repeat this daily (or more times per day once the items are dry again). Almost immediately you will see the items are starting to rust.
Available in 19 different sizes to suit any requirement or talk to us with regards to any bespoke needs you may have. Bulk discounts available.
Sizes: L X W X H
- CT1 2000mm x 800mm
- CT1.1 2000mm x 600mm
- CT1.2 2000mm x 400mm
- CT2 1500mm x 800mm
- CT2.1 1500mm x 600mm
- CT2.2 1500mm x 400mm
- CT4.1 1200mm x 800mm
- CT4.2 1200mm x 600mm
- CT4.3 1200mm x 400mm
- CT5.1 1000mm x 800mm
- CT5.2 1000mm x 600mm
- CT5.3 1000mm x 400mm
- CT6.1 800mm x 800mm
- CT6.2 800mm x 600mm
- CT6.3 800mm x 400mm
- CT8 600mm x 600mm
- CT8.1 600mm x 800mm
- CT8.2 600mm x 1000mm
- CT8.3 600mm x 1200mm
Product information: Corten Steel planters
The standard material thickness of our Corten Steel planters is 2mm, although they can also be produced in 3-4 and 5mm. Corten Steel, also known as weather resistant steel, is a steel alloy made of iron which has copper, silicon, nickel and chromium added. As soon as Corten Steel is exposed to the elements it will naturally weather and develop a protective layer of rust, this can take several months. This natural fixed coating of rust provides protection against further corrosion. Characteristic of Corten Steel is the orange brown rust colour and its longevity.
- Very strong and wear-resistant.
- Weatherproof and durable material.
- Warm and natural appearance.
- As standard equipped with 15mm high feet and drainage holes.
- Customisation possible; optional rubber coating on the inside.
- We only use Corten Steel category A type S355JOWP.
- 5 year warranty.
- The products are delivered un-rusted.
- Ensure an adequate drainage (holes in the bottom as standard), no excess water should remain in the planter, the combination of oxygen and earth will rust the planter further.
- Do not use hydro grains as they hold water.
- The products must be unpacked immediately after delivery so any moisture between the packaging and the product is not sealed. This will result in irregular rust and stains.
- Provide the bottom with a layer of Ø35 mm shingle all available here
- Do not use an overflow pipe (no water may remain in the planter)
- Place anti-root cloth over the layer of shingle.
- Top up with earth suitable for chosen type of planting.
Please note delivery prices are as accurate as possible at time of ordering, however this cost may be subject to change at any time due to weight/volume, fuel surcharges, currency changes and location.
Please let us know about any access restrictions at the delivery/check-out stage as failure to provide information may delay your order or incur extra delivery costs.
The administration team will contact you should any issue arise concerning delivery charges. Contact Arbour Landscape Solutions for more information. [email protected]
All materials are subject to availability at the time of order. The administration team will be in touch to arrange/advise of your delivery date.
No reviews were found.