Stain-Repella™ is a penetrating, invisible and breathable water-based sealer which protects porous surfaces against stains to keep surfaces looking great.
- Economical high performance sealer
- Superior stain repellence
- Treated surfaces stay looking good and are easier to maintain
- Invisible – so that the original look of the treated surface is maintained
- Easy single coat application
- Breathable – allows water vapor to escape, helping to prevent damaging moisture buildup inside the treated material
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- PFOA and PFOS-free
1 Qt (946ml) - single units or packs of 12 quarts
1 Gallon (3.79ml) - single units of packs of 4 gallons
FREE DELIVERY TO MAINLAND UK
HANAFINN Stain-Repella™ is a technological step forward, providing a superior level of protection for a competitive price:
1. Deeper penetration = deeper barrier of protection
- Stain-Repella's sealing molecules are engineered to be much smaller for better penetration, even into dense materials, such as granite.
2. Stronger bonding = longer lasting
- Stain-Repella's smaller molecules wedge themselves better into small nooks and crevices (stronger mechanical bonds).
- The hydrophylic atoms, which enable the molecules to adhere to the treated surface, are better arrayed for superior adhesion.
- These 2 factors also give Stain-Repella™ a longer lifespan than common penetrating sealers.
3. Superior stain protection
- Stain-Repella's deeper protective barrier stops water traveling right up to the surface where it might cause visible damage.
- Stain-Repella's liquid repelling atoms are also arrayed for maximum repellence, providing superior stain protection.
HOW TO USE
- TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, dry and free of residues.
- Generously and evenly saturate the surface with Stain-Repella™ using a clean paintbrush, roller or lambswool applicator.
- Avoid contact with surrounding areas. Very absorbent surfaces may need a second coat. Apply a second coat while the first coat is still wet.
- Allow the sealer to penetrate for approximately 10 minutes, but before the sealer dries, thoroughly polish off all excess from the surface with clean, dry, white cloths/towels. When sealing a large area, work in smaller sections so the excess can be easily removed before it dries.
- Total application rate is approximately 1 quart per 40 to 120 sq.ft. or 1 litre per 4 to 12 square metres depending on surface absorption (1 gallon per 160 to 480 sq.ft. or 3.79 L per 16 to 48 sqm).
- Clean equipment with water.
Note: Stain-Repella™ WILL NOT prevent surface etching, scuffing or wear, and may lighten or darken some surfaces.
1 Litre treats 1 -12 square metres depending on surface absorption. Please contact us if you need more detailed information
Advanced Application Tips
1. TESTING Stain-Repella™. The product will reach full cure and should only be tested after 4 to 5 days cure time.
a. There is a significant increase in stain repellence when the product is allowed to reach full cure.
b. Stain-Repella™ is a highly modified fluorocarbon sealer – the molecules are approximately 3 to 4 times smaller than a typical fluorocarbon sealer, and free of cancer-causing PFOAs. This means you can have a higher percentage of active content without the sealer becoming visible, but it also takes 1 or 2 days longer to reach full cure than the standard 3 days for a fluorocarbon sealer.
2. APPLYING Stain-Repella™ ON POLISHED SURFACES.
a. Stain-Repella™ must be applied to polished surfaces with a lambswool applicator, roller or paint brush, not a sprayer.
b. Stain-Repella™ tends to pool / bead quickly on polished surfaces, which means it does not have enough dwell time on the surface. To ensure longer contact with the polished surface: 1) Use your applicator / cloth / roller to wipe the sealer across the surface, 2) allow 3 or 4 minutes dwell time, then 3) spread it over the surfaces AGAIN and 4) allow a further 5 to 10 minutes of dwell time before polishing off all excess product.
3. APPLYING Stain-Repella™ TO HIGHLY POROUS SURFACES.
Highly porous surfaces, such as sandstone and the more porous types of limestone may require 2 coats. It is important to apply the second coat while the first coat is still a little damp. If the first coat has dried too much, it will start to repel the second coat and prevent it from penetrating and adhering.
- Do not take internally.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 5 - 35°C (40 - 95°F).
- Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application.
- Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil.
- Wear suitable gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an mask during application.
- Avoid applying in windy conditions.
- Wash hands thoroughly after applying.
Contractors must ensure that products are fit for purpose - if in doubt, please get in touch
Please note delivery prices are as accurate as possible at time of ordering, however this cost may be subject to change at any time due to weight/volume, fuel surcharges and location.
The administration team will contact you should any issue arise concerning delivery charges. Contact Arbour Landscape Solutions for more information.