For low maintenance landscaping in seasonally wet areas of the garden. ALS Wildflower Seed for Floodplain Meadows is a conservation mix, suitable for large or small flood-prone areas. 32 UK native species of grasses and wildflowers have been blended to create this biodiverse and interesting mix.
Floodplain meadows are a fascinating habitat. Traditionally managed by grazing during the drier months and being allowed to grow on during the winter, spring and early summer. Farmers maximise the value of the area by taking a hay cut in July and then allowing their animals to feast on the rich meadows thereafter.
Not only does this mix provide lots of food, shelter and nesting space for a wide range of pollinators and their larvae, it's also attractive to ground nesting birds such as snipe and skylark. As an added bonus the root structure of these plants and grasses keeps the soil nice and "open" to aid drainage after a flooding incident.
Sowing rate 5g/m2.
80% grasses 20% wildflowers by weight of seed.
- Agrostis stolonifera (Creeping Bent)
- Alopecurus geniculatus (Marsh Foxtail)
- Aloecurus pratensis (Meadow Foxtail)
- Anthoxanthum odoratum (Sweet Vernal Grass)
- Cnosurus cristatus (Crested Dogs Tail)
- Deschampsia cespitosa (Tufted Hair Grass)
- Festuca rubra ssp rubra (Red Fescue)
- Holcus lanatus (Yorkshire Fog)
- Achillea millefolium (Yarrow)
- Centaurea nigra (Black Knapweed)
- Filitendula ulmaria (Meadowsweet)
- Galium palustre (Marsh Bedstraw)
- Hypericum tetrapterum (Square Stemmed St Johns Wort)
- Hyperchaeris radicata (Common Cats Ear)
- Lathyrus pratensis (Meadow Vetchling)
- Leiontodon autumnalis (Autumn Hawkbit)
- Leucntehmem vulgare (Oxeye Daisy)
- Lotus corniculatus (Common Birdsfoot Trefoil)
- Lutus pendunculatus (Greater Birdsfoot Trefoil)
- Lychnis flos-cuculi (Ragged Robin)
- Plantago lanceolata (Ribwort Plantain)
- Primula veris (Cowslip)
- Prunella vulgaris (Selfheal)
- Ranunculus acris (Meadow Buttercup)
- Rhinanthus minor (Yellow Rattle)
- Rumex acetosa (Common Sorrel)
- Sanguisorba officianlis (Great Burnet)
- Siaum silaus (Pepper Saxifrage)
- Stachys officinanlis (Betony)
- Succisa pratensis (Devils Bit Scabious)
- Trifolium pratense (Red Clover)
- Vicia cracca (Tufted Vetch)
For quantities larger than 199Kg please contact https://www.arbourlandscapesolutions.co.uk/contact
Contractors must ensure that products are fit for purpose - if in doubt, please get in touch
Please note delivery prices are as accurate as possible at time of ordering, however this cost may be subject to change at any time due to weight/volume, fuel surcharges, currency changes and location.
Please let us know about any access restrictions at the delivery/check-out stage as failure to provide information may delay your order or incur extra delivery costs.
The administration team will contact you should any issue arise concerning delivery charges. Contact Arbour Landscape Solutions for more information. [email protected]
All materials are subject to availability at the time of order. The administration team will be in touch to arrange/advise of your delivery date.
No reviews were found.