Mild Steel Edging
Commercial grade landscaping edging designed and fabricated in the UK to a very high standard.
This mild steel metal edging comes in two formats:
Can't find what you need, get in touch for more information.
- A robust 6mm thick - ideal for straight edges yet flexible enough to form curves. As a rough guide, 6mm thick edging will form a circle with a diameter of 5 metres. This edging has a longer lifespan than the 3mm edging but has a slightly greater cost. 6mm edging comes in standard lengths of 3 metres. (6 metres for larger orders)
- A more discreet 3mm thick edging. Great for curves and angles, easy to handle and more economical than the 6mm. Standard length is 2 metres. (4 metres for larger orders)
- The clever joining system is pre-attached and allows almost invisible joints between sections.
- Comes un-rusted and will take between 3 to 9 months to fully rust.
Fixings and accessories
With each section of edge ordered you will receive:
The section of edge with stakes sleeves and bolts welded onto the unseen side
Fixings required to join onto the next section.
Stakes, simply hammer in to secure your edge.
This is everything you need to create straight lines or curve.
ALS offers prefabricated corner pieces to provide sharp 90 degree bends.
Also available is a joining kit for when you need to trim and re-join the edging on site.
We recommend burying half of the edging in the ground when edging driveways and paths. For edging borders, we recommend burying one third of the edge in the ground. Therefore the visible up-stand required dictates the height of the edge required.
Available to order online are the following edging depths -
- 75mm (3mm and 6mm edging) Generally only recommended for edging borders
- 100mm (3mm and 6mm edging)
- 150mm (3mm and 6mm edging)
- 200mm (6mm edging only)
- 300mm (6mm edging only)
- 12 Linear Metre Minimum Order Quantity. Must be purchased in increments of 3 Linear Metres e.g. 12, 15, 18 as sections are 3 Linear Metres Each for 3000mm sizes and increments of 2 Linear Metres e.g. 12, 14, 16 as sections are 2 Linear Metres each for 2000mm sizes.
Delivery is typically 2 to 3 weeks from order.
We generally use self-employed couriers which allows us to avoid load restrictions imposed by larger firms and therefore deliver longer lengths for your convenience.
HOWEVER this means that your edging will be offloaded by hand. Please get in touch if you wish us to set your delivery onto bearers so that you move the edge via mechanical means.
Contractors must ensure that products are fit for purpose - if in doubt, please get in touch
Please note delivery prices are as accurate as possible at time of ordering, however this cost may be subject to change at any time due to weight/volume, fuel surcharges, currency changes and location.
Please let us know about any access restrictions at the delivery/check-out stage as failure to provide information may delay your order or incur extra delivery costs.
The administration team will contact you should any issue arise concerning delivery charges. Contact Arbour Landscape Solutions for more information. [email protected]
All materials are subject to availability at the time of order. The administration team will be in touch to arrange/advise of your delivery date.
click here for steel edging installation guide
When should the edging be installed during a landscaping project?
There are two opportunities to install our edge during a project.
Early on in the works process when driveways/paths and been excavated but gefore a subbase has been laid. Edging will then retain hardcore etc.
Once the hardcore base has been laid, the edge should be set into the hardore layer (before compacting!) to enable a shapplow scrape to be created easily.
We recommend building ground levles up on both sides of the edge during construction to prevent heavy machinery such as vibrating rollers placing lots of pressure on one side of the edge
When edging borders, it is advisable to do so before planting
For lawns, place the edging before the final levelling as the steel can be used as a guide to soil levels.
No reviews were found.